Making a trip to the countryside for mental and physical recovery came into fashion among the city nobles towards the end of the 19th century as a so-called "Sommerfrische" (summer freshness). Before long, many discovered that the interplay between mental and physical activity and recreation is especially relaxing.
The sun-kissed Millstatt with its Benedictine monastery and cultural life has not only been an inspirational place of power early on, its unique setting between lake and mountain allured also with numerous sporting activities.
The so-called "Sommerfrischler" (people enjoying the "Sommerfrische") discovered among bathing the actual swimming, rowing, sailing and fishing. The gentle hills and alps served as an ideal environment for their first hiking expeditions.
Many a visitor fell in love with this region south of the Alps and its active, inspiring and Mediterranean-casual life. He therefore decided to build himself in the most beautiful place - Millstatt am See - an exclusive villa for the Sommerfrische.
We now make such a jewel - newly interpreted - available to our guests. Welcome to the Villa Postillion am See
Summer freshness newly interpreted
- Sun-kissed waterfront setting at Lake Millstatt
- Southern & sociable - take a break from everyday life in our spa, on the XXL balcony, by practising yoga at the lake, relaxing at the beach bar or in a deck chair in the shadows of the old trees
- Active at lake & mountain with a personal tour guide and impressive sporting activities
- Fresh on the table since imperial times: own net fishery at the lake, herb garden and award-winning regional cuisine
100m long beach, lakeside sauna and bathing jetties, own fishing waters, rowing boats, bivouac beneath the stars
Summer holidays = family time
From 1st of July until 6th of September it is very lively in the Villa Postillion am See. With our nearby partner hotel, the Familienhotel Post (500m distance), it is an ideal place for families and all ages. more information
The remaining time of the year the infinity pool and the sunbathing lawn in front of the hotel are a quiet zone for everyone older than 16 years.
winter holidays newly interpreted
- Sun-kissed waterfront setting at Lake Millstatt. Snow, Sun & Water
- Take a break from everyday life in our spa, swimming in the heated infinity-pool with cozy 28°, on the XXL balcony with heating lamp, by practising yoga
- Active at lake & mountain with a personal tour guide and impressive sporting activities in winter
- Fresh on the table since imperial times: own net fishery at the lake and award-winning regional cuisine
Free rooms & prices
Directly on the lake, with a XXL balcony as its own box seat and with many amenities to relax
Here you find all our inclusive services for a sporty-fizzy & relaxed holiday at a glance
Bivouac under the stars
Are you looking for a unique lodging? The bivouac under the stars Tramonto - sunset with full hotel service.
Whether it is yoga, shiatsu, a wine journey, a herb expedition or a cultural tour - with us, also the mind gets stimulated
Faschings-Flucht: Natürliche Auszeit am Millstätter See
15.02.2020 - 29.02.2020