A light breeze brings thoughts of freedom. The view of the water brings a yearning desire to let go of all thoughts and relax. With every new thought body and mind are in harmony once again. More holidays. More joy of life. Pure happiness on your holiday in Carinthia on the lake.
Lake Millstatt - The jewel in Carinthia
Lake Millstatt is 13 km long, an average of 1 km wide and with 142 m the deepest lake in Carinthia. Due to its wind-sheltered and sunny location, the water temperature reaches up to 26 ° in July and August. Thanks to the excellent natural heat storage of the lake, swimming is possible until mid-October. The water of lake Millstatt has drinking water quality.
Its undeveloped southern shore has been protected since 2015 under Natura 2000. Due to the very good quality of the water, the untouched nature and the sustainable fishing, the lake Millstatt is the most fished lake in Austria.
Lake Millstatt cruises run regularly between the different locations on the lake. The cycle path around Lake Millstatt is around 28km long and can easily be completed by bike or e-bike.
Lake contiguity-Special moments
- Bays for tourists| excursions with rowing boats to the natural south bank
- Picnic on the water | rowing boats take you to the most attractive places, your picnic basket provides food and drink
- Swimming in the morning | Enjoy an early morning swim in the lake
- Lake Millstatt Shipping | Our ships offer incredible sea crossings with amazing panoramic views
- Lake Millstatt cycle path |The most popular cycling path in Carinthia, 28 km around the lake
- The unique water jumping and sliding tower | in Europe is the meeting place for youth
- 1st Carinthian bathhouse | wellness right on the shore of lake Millstatt
- The promenade | Cozy lake-side cafes, sunny village squares and historic villas. A warm evening stroll, a perfect way to end an eventful day